The Jewish Genealogy Surname Project (JGSP) has been created to build the largest Jewish Family Finder Database on Facebook consisting of Surnames, Given Names, Towns/Shtetls/Villages and Countries our ancestors lived in plus DNA information for those that have tested. Since most of us have exhausted all records available, we are trying to connect via Surnames/ Towns/ Shtetls/ Villages/ Cities and/or DNA.
- If you would like to become a member, please request to join us on Facebook by clicking this following link: Jewish Genealogy Surname Project
- If you are not on Facebook and would like to join the Surname Project, please email me at: email@example.com
This Database is password protected. Only members who have added their names can view the Database. Here is the link for members: https://jewishgenealogysurnameproject.com/database/
- This Website also offers “Links to Facebook Groups”. This directory lists many Facebooks Groups pertaining to Jewish Genealogy Research. The FB Group for Town/Country will list all the FB groups pertaining to specific Countries/Towns/Shtetls/Villages/Cities. You will also find links to Jewish Education, Synogogues, JCC’s, Personal Family Surname pages, Cemeteries, DNA Groups and more.
I would like to thank the following:
- The first is JewishGen which has acquired, translated and indexed most of the records available for Jewish Genealogy Research. I encourage everyone to join the JewishGen Family Finder as well as the Jewish Genealogy Surname Project. JewishGen relies on Donations to acquire more records. Please make a contribution if you can.
- The second thanks goes to Schelly Talalay Dardashti, the Administrator of Tracing the Tribe – Jewish Genealogy on Facebook who permitted me to create and start the Jewish Genealogy Surname Project in her wonderful and helpful group.
- The 3rd thanks go to all the wonderful volunteers that run all the Genealogy Groups on Facebook.
- The fourth goes to Rob Moshein. A while ago the Group became to big to mange all by myself. Rob came to my rescue!
- And last but not least is Pablo Briand, designer/creator with me of this Website. Pablo has made a wonderful film called “ The History of Jewish Surnames ( Truths and Myths )”. To watch his film, please go to videos.
Here is a list of towns our groups ancestors lived who added their surnames and towns to our database..